WESTLAKE, Ohio — Westlake Porter Public Library is jumping on the virtual bandwagon for its first-ever Virtual Health Fair Week. And, true to its usual form, WPPL is going the extra mile — or miles — to really do it up.
From Sept. 21-25, health programs will be available on Zoom and participants can take the “Healthy Living Challenge” to win prizes. There are also opportunities to read library health blogs and watch library health videos online.
“Virtual programs allow the library to continue to provide entertaining and educational content to the community in a safe manner,” said public relations associate Elaine Willis. “We’ve heard from many library users how much they and their children are enjoying the programs and how grateful they are that we’re offering them in a way that keeps them safe.
“In addition, we’ve found that, just like our in-person programs, it’s the content — the stories, the crafts, the topics covered — that are the most important factor to library patrons,” she said.
So, brace yourself and take a look at the amazing lineup WPPL has for patrons during Virtual Health Fair Week:
· Health and Medical Databases (Live): 11 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. Monday, Sept. 21. Kick off Health Fair Week with an overview of the library databases that can jumpstart your research toward a healthier you.
· Hear Better So You Can Socially Distance Better: Noon to 1 p.m. Monday, Sept. 21.Join the library for a Zoom presentation. Cleveland Hearing & Speech Center will share ideas on how to improve your hearing, particularly during these unprecedented times.
· Get E-Healthy: Digital & Emerging Health Technology: Noon to 1 p.m. Tuesday, Sept. 22. Join this Zoom presentation to learn about apps and devices that can help you improve your health. After registering, you will receive an email with details on how to participate.
· Healthy Living for Your Brain: Noon to 1 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 23. Join this Zoom presentation to learn tips on living a brain-healthy lifestyle. Registration required. You will receive an email with details on how to join the meeting.
· Yoga with Miss Jen (Live): 11 to 11:30 a.m. Thursday, Sept 24. Calm your body, mind and spirit in this live Zoom yoga class taught by Miss Jen, certified yoga instructor. Recommended for children up to third grade.
· Genetics and Your Health: Noon to 1 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 24. Join this Zoom presentation to learn about genetics and your health, including at-home DNA tests, considerations and clinical genetics services.
· Healthy Living With Suma (Live): 11 to 11:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 25. Suma likes to be healthy and you can be healthy, too. See what she gets up to in today’s adventure.
· Drug interaction seminar: Noon to 1 p.m. Friday, Sept. 25. Are you afraid of drug interactions? Join the library for a Zoom presentation by the Northern Ohio Academy of Pharmacy. Registration with an email address is required.
Check the WPPL website to register for Health Fair Week events: https://www.westlakelibrary.org/ or call 440-871-2600.
Read more from the West Shore Sun.