Table of Contents
- 1 Louisiana Department of Health gets restraining order temporarily closing Ruston restaurant
- 2 Sent!
- 3 Posted!
- 3.0.1 More Stories
- 3.0.2 Russell: Paper wine bottles hit the market
- 3.0.3 Robert Russell: What to know about Merlot
- 3.0.4 New book offers room-by-room guide to healthier homes
- 3.0.5 White: Saving selected seed from your garden
- 3.0.6 Join virtual book clubs at Shreve Memorial Library
- 3.0.7 The library can help you take Taco Tuesday to next level
More than 97,000 children in the US have tested positive for COVID-19. Here’s how to care for your kids during the pandemic.
Baton Rouge — The Louisiana Department of Health on Friday obtained a temporary restraining order against Peking Buffet, 1300 North Vienna St.,Ruston, following excessive non-compliance with Gov. John Bel Edwards’ emergency order aimed at mitigating the spread of COVID-19.
The order was issued by the Third Judicial District Court of Louisiana, pursuant to a Petition for Temporary Restraining Order, Preliminary and Permanent Injunction filed by LDH on Aug.13.
The order prohibits the restaurant from operating until further order of the court. The court scheduled a preliminary injunction hearing for Aug. 21.
Restaurant inspections: See eateries with the most violations in past five months
LDH prioritizes education over such enforcement actions and that has largely worked in the response against COVID-19. Many more businesses are following the governor’s mandates and necessary mitigation measures to protect their employees and customers.
The most recent LDH inspection, on Aug. 12, confirmed again that the restaurant was not complying with the provision of the Governor’s Proclamations prohibiting self-service buffets.
Read or Share this story: https://www.thenewsstar.com/story/life/food/2020/08/14/louisiana-restraining-order-closing-ruston-restaurant-peking-buffet-covid/5586369002/
Aug. 12, 2020, 6:04 p.m.
Aug. 10, 2020, 8:24 a.m.
Aug. 6, 2020, 12:04 p.m.
Aug. 8, 2020, 8:11 a.m.
Aug. 8, 2020, 9:34 a.m.
Aug. 9, 2020, 9:19 a.m.